Saturday, July 26, 2014

Dough Change!

Hello: 

Just a short post to tell everyone I have started using a different pizza dough recipe.  And this recipe is in some ways so much better tasting and easier to make than the one I posted a few months back.  It's Roberta's Pizza Dough, from the restaurant in Brooklyn.  Check it out here here: Roberta's. Watch the video--- I did---several times too. The recipe makes two 12 inch pizzas so if you want more---double the recipe.  I do give it a 24 hour rise.   

Another really cool Roberta's connection is that in Pittsburgh there's a mobile pizza oven, Pizza Boat, next to Bar Marco in the Strip.   Those guys used to work at Roberta's.  They make a pretty awesome pizza too.  It is my go-to place when I am craving a pie. So visit them some weekend evening and follow them on Twitter and Facebook to see when they are firing it up! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pierina, I met you at Leon & Karen Panella's soppresatta party(ies)!. Great blog! And it's very cool that you have your own pizza oven! Donna Doblick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you found my site and thank you for commenting. I truly enjoy pizza and making pizza and eating pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I just discovered your pizza blog!
    I love Italian pizza, thin crust.
    I would love for you to show me how to make pizza. I'd love to see your oven.
    I live in Lawrenceville.
    Joanna
    412-508-0767

    ReplyDelete