Thursday, July 5, 2012

Swish-Swish: Stomping the Clay!

Each day I try to work a little bit on the oven. The thing is that it has been hot, super hot and not good weather for this type of work, which is heavy and hard.  Yesterday, I tried to finish the chimney area of the oven so I can get that insulation layer started.  I was drench in sweat.  In fact I think at one point I got a little too warm so I took a cold shower.  Anyway as I stomped the clay mixture, my sweat was mixing in with the clay and sand. All it needed was my blood and tears.  I just couldn't bring myself to cry or bleed.

 I am hoping to complete this project soon because the list of people who want to have pizza straight out of a wood fire is growing.  I think the fall is going to be full of party weekends, I might need to get a port-a-jane (john) or two. 

   
Enjoy the pics:



Let's do the twist.  I think I hear Chubby Checker!

The clay I am using is powdered and very fine so to be safe I wear a mask.

Twist, twist, twist!



No comments:

Post a Comment