Sunday, August 25, 2013

I am getting better...

...at getting the oven fired up!  Tonight I  cooked five pizzas in the oven.  And each one was different and of course all of them delicious.  And I am getting pretty good at making the dough too.  Whenever time allows I do the 24 hour dough (recipe below)--- letting it rise in the refrigerator, removing it and forming the individual balls a few hours before fixing 'em up.  Tonight the oven got totally saturated with heat--- the walls were cleaned, not a soot to be found.  The floor was about 700 plus degrees and the walls 890 degrees.  The pizza cooked so fast I had to keep my eyes peeled, one look away and a crust got burnt.  And everything was homemade and home-grown tonight--- the basil, the tomatoes, just yummy.  Right now the oven is cooling and I am roasting a pan of beets.  I love beets, I will sort of pickle these--- in a vinaigrette of chopped onions, garlic, apple cider vinegar, salt and a hint of smokiness too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment