Thursday, June 28, 2012

Each Day a Little More...

Today I had a late shoot at work (I'm a producer at WQED) so I thought work a bit on the oven.  I went to Home Depot and got those rings that tighten because the plan is to make the chimney out of two halves of terracotta roof tiles.  I got the tiles at Construction Junction, if you are from Pittsburgh you know this place has so much cool construction discards and occasionally new stuff.  In fact, a good bit of what I used to build the plinth is from Construction Junction


Ok--- more stuff I did or didn't do today...I didn't place the chimney yet because I have to build up the sides to the arch.  I am hoping to get this done in the next few days so I can start the insulation layer.  Then... it will be close to firing the oven up.  










Ok, what is this?  Some critter sitting on my dome?  
Yeah I did fire the oven up earlier this summer (see previous post) and it caused some cracks that had me worried---I have since patched those cracks ---next time I plan to go slow-- doing  at least three low heat curings.  (around 350 degrees)

No comments:

Post a Comment