Friday, June 15, 2012

First Fire and Bake

Whoa! What a learning experience tonight.  I "fired" my first pizza!  The earth/clay oven is the most different cooking I have ever done.  And I do need to do some more reading and understanding of how this all works.  But, first let me share my pics and later I will share my experience because basically I am beat, whew, just plum worn out from everything.  Making the fire, the pizza, reading the how to books all at the same time, I was almost too tired to eat.




The oven cracked---but that was to be expected according to the books I read. I  still have to put another layer---the insulation layer--- so this will be covered.

The three rivers--- the confluence! Seriously doesn't it look like it? The Allegheny meets the Mon to form the Ohio!

First pizza went in!  The floor didn't get as hot as I thought it should.  I will figure this out later.

Me and my first earth oven pizza! Yeah!

Starting the fire..

No comments:

Post a Comment