Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Some Pizzas!

On Memorial day I fired up the oven, since I need to pratice getting the heat right and to also try the   three different kinds of dough I made--- my regular wheat Tipo 00, a rice flour (gluten free) and a no knead that I found on Facebook. They all were good but I'll stick with the dough made with the  regular Pizza Caputo Tipo 00.    

This is a brief post--- but soon I will  be putting on my final (finishing) layer on my oven.  That layer will be decorated and I'll have lots to share about that expereince.  In the mean time enjoy this picture of a truly delicious pizza--- yeah... a bit charred on one side but still yummy never the less.


 
Horno on the Horno---can you say fire me up!

Horno (/ˈɔrn/ AWR-noh; Spanish: [ˈoɾno]) is a mud adobe-built outdoor oven used by Native Americans and early settlers of North America. Originally introduced to the Iberian Peninsula by the Moors, it was quickly adopted and carried to all Spanish-occupied lands.[1] The horno has a beehive shape and uses wood as the heat source.[2]

1 comment:

  1. Learning how to build a pizza oven is easy.Believe it or not, learning how to build a pizza oven is relatively easy.

    ReplyDelete